Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Atitus Atitus is offline

Default .application needed to open this document missing - where to find

When I send a document file via email from my Word program to a friend with
Word 2007, he gets the message that the application needed to open this
document is missing. How does he resolve this problem? He is using Vista
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Who has Word 2007, you or your friend?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375
"Atitus" wrote in message
When I send a document file via email from my Word program to a friend
with
Word 2007, he gets the message that the application needed to open this
document is missing. How does he resolve this problem? He is using Vista

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Atitus Atitus is offline

"Atitus" wrote:

When I send a document file via email from my Word program to a friend with
Word 2007, he gets the message that the application needed to open this
document is missing. How does he resolve this problem? He is using Vista

He has Word 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

So both of you have Word 2007 but when he opens Word attachments from your
emails, he gets a message, correct?

1. Make sure your friend knows what he's doing. (I'm not being mean. I have
friends whom I care for dearly but they are clueless about some computer
issues.)

2. Ask your friend if the file has a .doc or .docx extension.

3. Ask your friend to send you the exact error message he's getting and post
that. Paraphrasing can change the meaning of an error message.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"Atitus" wrote in message

"Atitus" wrote:

When I send a document file via email from my Word program to a friend
with
Word 2007, he gets the message that the application needed to open this
document is missing. How does he resolve this problem? He is using
Vista

He has Word 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Atitus Atitus is offline

"Atitus" wrote in message

"Atitus" wrote:

When I send a document file via email from my Word program to a friend
with
Word 2007, he gets the message that the application needed to open this
document is missing. How does he resolve this problem? He is using
Vista

He has Word 2007

I have Word 2002 and have installed the converter program. I am sending documents to him with the file extension .docx and have also tried .rtf . I will send details on how to download and open the attachments and see if that helps. Thanks for you suggestion.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Atitus Atitus is offline

"Atitus" wrote in message

"Atitus" wrote:

When I send a document file via email from my Word program to a friend
with
Word 2007, he gets the message that the application needed to open this
document is missing. How does he resolve this problem? He is using
Vista

He has Word 2007

I have Word 2002 and have installed the converter program. I am sending documents to him with the file extension .docx and have also tried .rtf . I will send details on how to download and open the attachments and see if that helps. Thanks for you suggestion.

Problem seems to be solved! I gave him explicit instructions on how to
open. Thanks for you help.