Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sberry87 sberry87 is offline

Default Default Settings

Every time i open word 2007 and create a new document it appears to open as a
letter template. The margins are not the normal size and there is a letter
head with my name, this gets annoying i have to delete every time. can you
tell me how i can set word back to its original settings.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like a letter template has been saved over Normal.dotm. Close
Word, find Normal.dotm, and delete it. Word will automatically create a new
one.

If you still get this behavior after deleting Normal.dotm, then check to see
if there's a copy of Normal.dot present... and if so, then delete both it
and Normal.dotm.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"sberry87" wrote in message
Every time i open word 2007 and create a new document it appears to open
as a
letter template. The margins are not the normal size and there is a letter
head with my name, this gets annoying i have to delete every time. can you
tell me how i can set word back to its original settings.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bod Bod is offline

I have saved a Normal.dotm to be used on everyone's new install of Offiice
2007 in our company. I have just noticed that the margins in that template
are set to 2 cm when I OPEN it, but when I just double click it to make a NEW
document, the margins are 2.54 cm - why?
I thought the whole point in setting up a template is to dictate the
settings for new documents based on that template!

"sberry87" wrote in message
Every time i open word 2007 and create a new document it appears to open
as a
letter template. The margins are not the normal size and there is a letter
head with my name, this gets annoying i have to delete every time. can you
tell me how i can set word back to its original settings.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bod Bod is offline

Also when I pres Ctrl+n the paragraph format also has 10pt after, even though
in the template it's 6pt.

"sberry87" wrote in message
Every time i open word 2007 and create a new document it appears to open
as a
letter template. The margins are not the normal size and there is a letter
head with my name, this gets annoying i have to delete every time. can you
tell me how i can set word back to its original settings.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should not use the normal.dotm template for that purpose. Create a new
template with the required settings and distribute that.

See:

Creating a Template - The Basics (Part I)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm

Creating a Template (Part II)
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"sberry87" wrote in message
Every time i open word 2007 and create a new document it appears to
open
as a
letter template. The margins are not the normal size and there is a
letter
head with my name, this gets annoying i have to delete every time.
can you
tell me how i can set word back to its original settings.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"sberry87" wrote in message
Every time i open word 2007 and create a new document it appears to
open
as a
letter template. The margins are not the normal size and there is a
letter
head with my name, this gets annoying i have to delete every time.
can you
tell me how i can set word back to its original settings.

Default settings John Microsoft Word Help 2 December 13th 07 03:20 AM
Default settings John Microsoft Word Help 1 November 28th 07 06:45 AM
Default Settings Kat H. Microsoft Word Help 3 September 7th 07 12:12 PM
Default settings D.H. Cesare New Users 2 August 22nd 07 08:33 PM
default settings jinkiej Microsoft Word Help 1 August 18th 05 06:08 PM