Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
carltaylorbss carltaylorbss is offline

Default Linking Word documents

I am trying to link a source and destination document in Word. I am able to
create the link, but when I change the information in the source, the
destination no longer recognizes the link. I am using Word 2007 and would
like to have a Template (destination) document and an input document (source)
linked to it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How did you create the link? Note that if you inserted the source document
via Insert tab | Object | Text from File, you have actually inserted an
INCLUDETEXT field. You will have to update the field by selecting it and
pressing F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP