Kelvin

Default Word 2002 takes long time to open Word document with missing templ

I have many documents that were created in previous version of Word 2002 in
the network, and they were attached to a template that has been moved or no
longer exists in the previous server.

They are now being opened VERY slowly in word 2002 (takes 2-3 minutes for
few pages document). There is nothing very unique about these documents, they
do have some tables in them. It is very basic.

Is there any fix or patch which can solve this problem without modifying the
Word documents? Any help would be appreciated.