Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
smj smj is offline

Default The measurement must be between 0" and 22"

I keep getting this error when I am in the print options (either in
tools/options/print or page setup/print options). I must have changed some
setting and now I can't find what it is. It won't let me change anything in
that window now and keeps giving me this error message. Any ideas? Apparently
it changed the normal.dot file, because now everything I do in word has the
same problem.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: The measurement must be between 0" and 22"

It sounds like the error message you are receiving is related to the page margins or paper size being set outside of the acceptable range. Here are some steps you can take to try and resolve the issue:
  1. Open a new blank document in Word.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Margins" button and select "Custom Margins" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Page Setup" window that appears, make sure that the margins are set to a value between 0" and 22". If they are not, adjust them accordingly.
  5. Next, click on the "Paper" tab in the same window and make sure that the paper size is set correctly. If it is not, select the correct paper size from the drop-down menu.
  6. Once you have made any necessary changes, click "OK" to close the "Page Setup" window.
  7. Try printing your document again and see if the error message persists.

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it is possible that the problem is related to your Normal.dot file, which is the default template that Word uses for new documents. Here's how you can try to fix that:
  1. Close all open Word documents.
  2. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
  3. Type "%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
  4. Locate the Normal.dot file and rename it to something like "Old_Normal.dot".
  5. Open Word again and try creating a new document. Word should create a new Normal.dot file automatically.
  6. Try printing your document again and see if the error message persists.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Check your paper size settings, as the 0"-22" range is for paper
height/width.

http://word.mvps.org

"smj" wrote in message
I keep getting this error when I am in the print options (either in
tools/options/print or page setup/print options). I must have changed some
setting and now I can't find what it is. It won't let me change anything
in
that window now and keeps giving me this error message. Any ideas?
Apparently
it changed the normal.dot file, because now everything I do in word has
the
same problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
smj smj is offline

Paper size shows as Letter (8.5X11 in.) in the page setup. Is there another
place it could be different?

"smj" wrote in message
I keep getting this error when I am in the print options (either in
tools/options/print or page setup/print options). I must have changed some
setting and now I can't find what it is. It won't let me change anything
in
that window now and keeps giving me this error message. Any ideas?
Apparently
it changed the normal.dot file, because now everything I do in word has
the
same problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You could check the printer Properties, but since the Page Setup dialog
should reflect the Properties setting, I don't imagine that will help. It's
clearly a bogus message, but not one I'm familiar with.

http://word.mvps.org

"smj" wrote in message
I keep getting this error when I am in the print options (either in
tools/options/print or page setup/print options). I must have changed
some
setting and now I can't find what it is. It won't let me change
anything
in
that window now and keeps giving me this error message. Any ideas?
Apparently
it changed the normal.dot file, because now everything I do in word has
the
same problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Make sure your pages range is within the range of the pages in the document.

PamC

smj wrote:
Paper size shows as Letter (8.5X11 in.) in the page setup. Is there another
place it could be different?

Check your paper size settings, as the 0"-22" range is for paper
height/width.

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
the
same problem.