Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
cdk cdk is offline

Default How to Distribute Rows/Columns Evenly in Word

I use to be able in the table menu to adjust one row/column and then have the
rest distributed evenly on the page. Auto Fit to page doesn't do this.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to Distribute Rows/Columns Evenly in Word

To distribute rows or columns evenly in a table in Microsoft Word:
  1. Select the rows or columns that you want to distribute evenly.
  2. Go to the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Distribute Rows" or "Distribute Columns" button, depending on what you want to do.
  4. Word will automatically adjust the height or width of the selected rows or columns to be evenly distributed across the table.

If you want to adjust the size of one row or column and have the rest adjust automatically to be evenly distributed, you can use the "Distribute Rows Evenly" or "Distribute Columns Evenly" option instead. Here's how:
  1. Select the rows or columns that you want to adjust.
  2. Right-click on the selection and choose "Table Properties" from the context menu.
  3. In the "Table Properties" dialog box, go to the "Row" or "Column" tab, depending on what you want to adjust.
  4. Under "Size", select "Exactly" and enter the desired height or width for the row or column that you want to adjust.
  5. Check the box next to "Distribute rows/columns evenly" and click "OK".
  6. Word will adjust the size of the selected row or column, and then distribute the remaining rows or columns evenly across the table.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

I assume you are now using 2007.
Adjust one table edge border to the page edge, select the whole table, under
Table Tools that will appear when the table is selected, Layout tab, you will
see the icons for Distribute evenly (both Rows & Columns - these have not
changed) in the Cell size group.

Hope this helps
DeanH