Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tatiania

Default can not use properties in envelopes and labels

I have got double entries of each contact,one with just the first line. I can
not use the properties button when I click on it nothing happens, I can
create a new contact from here which only appears once after that, Also it
keeps switching between contact options.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Describe *exactly* what you are doing and what you see. We cannot see your
screen and your explanation is meaningless as it stands.

tatiania wrote:
I have got double entries of each contact,one with just the first
line. I can not use the properties button when I click on it nothing
happens, I can create a new contact from here which only appears once
after that, Also it keeps switching between contact options.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tatiania

when I open the envelope and label box I open the address book click on my
profile and the address book opens. In the adress book I have double entries
of each contact except one of them is only the title of each contact with no
address.When I try to go to properties to delete this entry it wont open. It
will not open on any of the entries. I can insert the addresses into and
print out an envelope but the double entries are a pain. I can not edit any
of the addresses from here. I have tried going to the address book to edit
but there is no double entries in it, only when I want to do an envelope. It
used to work fine when I first had the computer. i have uninstalled the
program and reloaded it but does not seem to make a difference. I have also
uninstalled the whole office program and reinstalled but to no avail. I am
using Office XP Professional Version 2002

tatiania wrote:
I have got double entries of each contact,one with just the first
line. I can not use the properties button when I click on it nothing
happens, I can create a new contact from here which only appears once
after that, Also it keeps switching between contact options.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Run the inbox repair tool - "C:\Program Files\Common
Files\System\MSMAPI\1033\SCANPST.EXE"
and repair your Outlook data file.

From Outlook - tools e-mail accounts view or change existing directories
or address books, see what address book entries you have there. Ideally
there should only be Outlook Address Book. If that is the case, delete it
and then add it back again. This will not delete your Outlook contacts.

If that doesn't fix it, try the Outlook forum.