Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TWMMAM

Default How do I scan an editable document for word using Office 2003 ?

I have a work order which I want to scan, then enter in word, so I canuse it
as a template and fill in the blanks. When I scan using 2003 office tools and
import into word, I can't enter any info. I tried using Textbridge 8.0, but
it doesn't show the blank lines
Appreciate all help,
Thank you,
Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It's not as simple as you think it's going to be. You are probably looking
at several hours worth of work. You need to create a form from the data you
have. Nothing will do it automatically.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"TWMMAM" wrote in message
I have a work order which I want to scan, then enter in word, so I canuse
it
as a template and fill in the blanks. When I scan using 2003 office tools
and
import into word, I can't enter any info. I tried using Textbridge 8.0,
but
it doesn't show the blank lines
Appreciate all help,
Thank you,
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You can't do this with Word tools, in the way you imagine.

You could use OCR software, but then it would need a lot of work to produce
an editable form.

The best solution would be the Form Filler module that comes with some
versions of ABBYY FineReader, but you can produce a workaround by scanning
the form and using it as a background image for a Word document to be built
by using tables to place the data over it.