joann

Default How do I copy a page from internet and paste it into a word docu.

Please help me to copy and paste something from an internet page and copy
into a new document so I can revise it and print it
Ed

Isn't that like illegally violating someone's copyright?

"joann" wrote in message
Please help me to copy and paste something from an internet page and copy
into a new document so I can revise it and print it

joann

The page I was trying to copy contains rules regarding who must file a tax
return on intangible tax and what is exempt. the page is part of a huge file
and I want to save the portion that applies to me as far as the exemption is
concerned. I tried hilighting it and copying the lines I wanted to save. I
then opened a new document in word and tried to paste it. The paste option
was not available. I do not think that this info would violate any copyright.
If you can help me please respond.

"joann" wrote in message
Please help me to copy and paste something from an internet page and copy
into a new document so I can revise it and print it

Gordon

joann wrote:
Please help me to copy and paste something from an internet page and copy
into a new document so I can revise it and print it

File-Save As and chose either html or text. Then just open in Word.

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

sf

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:19:40 +0000, Gordon
wrote:

joann wrote:
Please help me to copy and paste something from an internet page and copy
into a new document so I can revise it and print it

File-Save As and chose either html or text. Then just open in Word.

I'm surprised she can't copy/paste directly into Word! I do
that all the time.
TF

Copy/Paste isn't a good way to get pictures into Word. Word prefers Insert,
Picture from File: it keeps the document better structured and the graphic
takes up less space in the document thus keeping the document size down.

Terry

: wrote:
:
: joann wrote:
: Please help me to copy and paste something from an internet page and
copy
: into a new document so I can revise it and print it
:
: File-Save As and chose either html or text. Then just open in Word.
:
: I'm surprised she can't copy/paste directly into Word! I do
: that all the time.

sf

Where did the poster mention a picture?

```````````````````````````

: wrote:
:
: joann wrote:
: Please help me to copy and paste something from an internet page and
copy
: into a new document so I can revise it and print it
:
: File-Save As and chose either html or text. Then just open in Word.
:
: I'm surprised she can't copy/paste directly into Word! I do
: that all the time.

sf

If this is a PDF document, get the Adobe Reader. To copy text, use
the "Select Text" button - highlight/copy to clipboard. and paste into
Word.

HTH

TF

They didn't and I didn't either. But with the size of their Clipboard, I put
2 and 2 together and maybe made three.

But it doesn't detract from what I stated.

Terry

"sf" wrote in message
:
: Where did the poster mention a picture?
:
: ```````````````````````````
:
: On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:52:06 -0000, "TF"
: terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote:
:
: Copy/Paste isn't a good way to get pictures into Word. Word prefers
Insert,
: Picture from File: it keeps the document better structured and the
graphic
: takes up less space in the document thus keeping the document size
down.
:
: Terry
:
: "sf" wrote in message
: ...
: : On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:19:40 +0000, Gordon
: : wrote:
: :
: : joann wrote:
: : Please help me to copy and paste something from an internet page
and
: copy
: : into a new document so I can revise it and print it
: :
: : File-Save As and chose either html or text. Then just open in
Word.
: :
: : I'm surprised she can't copy/paste directly into Word! I do
: : that all the time.
:
:

sf

I'm assuming this is a government document (which comes in
"printer friendly" PDF form) and it isn't for distribution
purposes.