Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pingala Pingala is offline

Default Spanish to english conversion

Hi, when I try spanish word document to convert to english, it is going to
internet. Is there a way to do on my desktop itself, offline?
Any help is very much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, if you purchase and install translation software.

Pingala wrote:

Hi, when I try spanish word document to convert to english, it is going to
internet. Is there a way to do on my desktop itself, offline?
Any help is very much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pingala Pingala is offline

Great! Can i download from MSDN? What is the actual package name that has
translation software? I am using Office 2003.

Pingala wrote:

Hi, when I try spanish word document to convert to english, it is going to
internet. Is there a way to do on my desktop itself, offline?
Any help is very much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that no such translation software does a satisfactory job. You'll
probably spend as much time fixing the output as it would have taken
you to translate it yourself -- if you can read the Spanish. If you
don't know any Spanish at all, you will probably not be able to fix up
the output into a usable translation of the original.

Pingala wrote:

Hi, when I try spanish word document to convert to english, it is going to
internet. Is there a way to do on my desktop itself, offline?
Any help is very much appreciated.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle Michelle is offline

Language is not convertible like that you goof. If it were, whats the point
of learning the language or paying extra for human translations? Its not like
decimals to fractions or something. Its a language. Try google translate, it
does an okay job most of the time. But even then, you really need a human
translation to get it accurate.

Pingala wrote:

Hi, when I try spanish word document to convert to english, it is going to
internet. Is there a way to do on my desktop itself, offline?
Any help is very much appreciated.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pingala Pingala is offline

I thank you all for excellent suggestions and comments. I concur with you
all. However, for me, it is better to have something than nothing.

I would like to have Microsoft add-on pack to Office to translate locally on
the desktop as I working on a confidential project.

I would appreciate if you/Microsoft recommends an add-on pack to office to
translate word, excel, powerpoint, visio, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Pingala