Jimbo Mi

Default How do I get mail merge address list into Excel spreadsheet?

How do I get an existing mail merge address list into a standalone Excel
spreadsheet with the same column names as address list headings. I then want
to be able to add my own columns to the Excel spreadsheet and have formulas
on columns etc.

Doug Robbins

Where it it presently? You can create a table containing the records by
using a directory type mailmerge maindocument in which you have the
mergefields in the cells of a one row table. When you execute that merge
to a new document, you will get a table containing the data for each record.
You can insert a row at the top of the table into which you insert the
mergefield names and you can modify/use that as a data source or copy and
paste it into Excel and modify/use it there as the datasource.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP