Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Loouisiana Bob Loouisiana Bob is offline

Default How do I stop windows automattically opening to a "split window"

I use Word 2003. When I open a new document, or an existing document, the
screen is split. The left 25% show a small full page duplicate of t he open
document. To remove the split, I go to menu bar "window", and slect "remove
split". This is aggravating. How can I insure that when I open an new or
old document, it will open to a full screen and not a split screen?
ozgal ozgal is offline
Junior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Freedman View Post
Instead of Window Remove Split, click View Thumbnails to turn off that view.
Thank you so much, Jay, this problem was such a nuisance for me also. Thank goodness I found your reply to the original poster. Saved me hours of frustration!

I clicked "View/Thumbnails" and pfft...no more problem.

A million thanks.