GaryTurner GaryTurner is offline
Junior Member

Default Date and templates

When a document is created from a template, I need a date that the new document is created and that does not change when the document is subsequently opened at a later time.

If the INSERT FIELD DATE is used then when the document is reopened at a later date the date changes to the current date.

If the INSERT FIELD SAVEDATE or CREATEDATE is used in the template then the date of the document is the date that the template was originally saved or created (which could be years ago!). I need the date that the new document is created.

How do I get the document to be the date IT was created and so that it does not change when subsequently opened?

Using MS Word 2003