Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Turn off comment tag/label

For comments in Word 2003, when I turn off balloons, a textual label/
tag is appended to the commented text e.g. for user "Paul", the tag
would be p1 for comment 1, p2 for comment 2, etc.. These tags are
present in both Print Layout View and Normal View. I want to turn
them off (without turning off the highlighting that indicates the
presence of a comment). Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As far as I know, you cannot prevent Word from displaying a number for each
comment.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paul" wrote in message
For comments in Word 2003, when I turn off balloons, a textual label/
tag is appended to the commented text e.g. for user "Paul", the tag
would be p1 for comment 1, p2 for comment 2, etc.. These tags are
present in both Print Layout View and Normal View. I want to turn
them off (without turning off the highlighting that indicates the
presence of a comment). Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Thanks, Stefan.