Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill Helbron Bill Helbron is offline

Default How to Keep Word from Adding a Space before ";"

One of more of my documents keeps inserting a space before I enter ";".
I can't seem to find the location of the particular "Options" setting
that eliminates that space! I'm using Word 2010. Please advise. Thanks!

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Check the "Language" setting for the passage. If it's set to some variety of
English, it won't do that. If it's set to some variety of French, it will.
(Probably other languages, too.) (You'll also see odd things happening to
your quotation marks.)

If the Language setting doesn't appear in the taskbar at the bottom of the
document's window, right-click on the taskbar and add it to what's shown.

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:18:25 PM UTC-5, Bill Helbron wrote:
One of more of my documents keeps inserting a space before I enter ";".
I can't seem to find the location of the particular "Options" setting
that eliminates that space! I'm using Word 2010. Please advise. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill Helbron Bill Helbron is offline

Peter T. Daniels has brought this to us :
Check the "Language" setting for the passage. If it's set to some variety of
English, it won't do that. If it's set to some variety of French, it will.
(Probably other languages, too.) (You'll also see odd things happening to
your quotation marks.)

If the Language setting doesn't appear in the taskbar at the bottom of the
document's window, right-click on the taskbar and add it to what's shown.

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 5:18:25 PM UTC-5, Bill Helbron wrote:
One of more of my documents keeps inserting a space before I enter ";".
I can't seem to find the location of the particular "Options" setting
that eliminates that space! I'm using Word 2010. Please advise. Thanks!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply & suggestion but my "Language" is set to "English
(U.S.) default", so I can't imagine that being changed.

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill Helbron Bill Helbron is offline

Peter T. Daniels pretended :
[...]

Yes, but I made sure this time and the "space" and "quotes"
disappeared! Thanks!

Bill