MSWordGuy MSWordGuy is offline
Banned

Question Complex custom fields for text markup

Hello!
I’d ask something very special
I need to markup my text so it would correspond the so called ‘Stephanus pagination’. It should go like this: 113a1; 113a5; 113a10; 113b1; 113b5; 113b10; ……. 113e5; 113e10; 114a1; ……….

So the field should work as a complex 'counter', consisting of three parts. The first ‘counter’ should be incremental. The two other ones should be cycled (a …… e & 1……. 10).
I’d like to insert such fields using some keyboard shortcut. And they should look like this:
Quote:
Now no argument contends [13b1] that pleasant things are not pleasant.
The initial values for all these ‘counters’ should be definable. I.e. for example, I should be able to begin with [17d5].

Is this possible at all?

Any help would be most appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Complex custom fields for text markup

So you're saying you're going to retype the entire text of Plato
mimicking the format of Stephanus's edition? Because you want to be
able to link to the passage? Only then would Word be able to latch
onto a page-and-section number (I've never looked into whether it can
reference a line number).

Normally one simply types those numbers as one uses them!

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanus_pagination). It should go like
this: 113a1; 113a5; 113a10; 113b1; 113b5; 113b10; ……. *113e5; 113e10;
114a1; ……….

So the field should work as a complex 'counter', consisting of three
parts. The first ‘counter’ should be incremental. The two other ones
should be cycled (a …… e & 1……. 10).
I’d like to insert such fields using some keyboard shortcut. And they
should look like this: *Now no argument contends [13b1] that pleasant things are not pleasant. *The initial values for all these ‘counters’ should be definable. I.e.

--
MSWordGuy

MSWordGuy MSWordGuy is offline
Banned

No, I'm not going to retype. I'm going to translate a whole dialog.
So I'll deal with a rather long text. That is why I need a kind of automatization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post