Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
worried worried is offline

Default corrupt message

the last few a days i was receiving a corrupt file message through the Word
viewer files. yesterday chdsk took over my computer at the start of a reboot
and after a scan lasting 2-1/2 hours cleared the corrupt file. It also took
with it preview capabilities, and now there are several pictures i cannot
open. any help would be very welcome.
i use xp2 pro and ie 8
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think you have much bigger issues at the moment--it sounds like your hard
drive is about to fail. I would make a backup copy of all of the
documents/pictures/data you have on that drive, replace the drive, and then
copy the backed up files to the new drive.

I know from personal experience that the longer you continue to use a
failing hard drive, the more likely it is to fail, and that the sooner you
act to back up data, the less likely you are to lose everything.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"worried" wrote in message
the last few a days i was receiving a corrupt file message through the
Word
viewer files. yesterday chdsk took over my computer at the start of a
reboot
and after a scan lasting 2-1/2 hours cleared the corrupt file. It also
took
with it preview capabilities, and now there are several pictures i cannot
open. any help would be very welcome.
i use xp2 pro and ie 8

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
worried worried is offline

"worried" wrote in message
the last few a days i was receiving a corrupt file message through the
Word
viewer files. yesterday chdsk took over my computer at the start of a
reboot
and after a scan lasting 2-1/2 hours cleared the corrupt file. It also
took
with it preview capabilities, and now there are several pictures i cannot
open. any help would be very welcome.
i use xp2 pro and ie 8

thank you- i think lol.

How do i recover the Word preview files on a new drive please ?

Table is Corrupt Error Message Aimee Microsoft Word Help 3 August 13th 08 07:34 AM
Corrupt Table Error Message Dot Tables 1 November 7th 06 03:03 AM
corrupt tables message werekenn Tables 2 September 19th 06 09:19 AM
Corrupt message Hermione Tables 3 January 13th 05 06:03 PM
Corrupt Table Message lyle_gerard Tables 1 January 13th 05 12:39 AM