Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JudyJudyJudy JudyJudyJudy is offline

Default Keystroke to navigate between document and "Styles" window?

I've just been upgraded to Word 2007. In Word 2003 I used keystroke shortcuts
as much as possible. Is there a "keystroke" way in Word 2007 to go from the
document into the "Styles" window (once I've opened that) to apply styles to
unformatted text, and then back to the document again?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

F6 and Shift+F6 work the same in 2007 as they did in 2003.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"JudyJudyJudy" wrote in message
I've just been upgraded to Word 2007. In Word 2003 I used keystroke
shortcuts
as much as possible. Is there a "keystroke" way in Word 2007 to go from
the
document into the "Styles" window (once I've opened that) to apply styles
unformatted text, and then back to the document again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

F6 and Shift+F6 should work. (Note that these shortcuts will move from the
document body to the Styles pane and to any other panes that might be open,
so you may have to press them repeatedly.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JudyJudyJudy" wrote in message
I've just been upgraded to Word 2007. In Word 2003 I used keystroke
shortcuts
as much as possible. Is there a "keystroke" way in Word 2007 to go from
the
document into the "Styles" window (once I've opened that) to apply styles
unformatted text, and then back to the document again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

More shortcuts follow (from Word Help):

************
Access and use task panes and galleries

Move to a task pane from another pane in the program window. (You may
need to press F6 more than once.) F6
When a menu is active, move to a task pane. (You may need to press
CTRL+TAB more than once.) CTRL+TAB
When a task pane is active, select the next or previous option in the
task pane. TAB or SHIFT+TAB
Display the full set of commands on the task pane menu. CTRL+SPACEBAR
Perform the action assigned to the selected button. SPACEBAR or ENTER
Open a drop-down menu for the selected gallery item. SHIFT+F10
Select the first or last item in a gallery. HOME or END
Scroll up or down in the selected gallery list. PAGE UP or PAGE DOWN
************

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
F6 and Shift+F6 should work. (Note that these shortcuts will move from the
document body to the Styles pane and to any other panes that might be
open, so you may have to press them repeatedly.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"JudyJudyJudy" wrote in message
I've just been upgraded to Word 2007. In Word 2003 I used keystroke
shortcuts
as much as possible. Is there a "keystroke" way in Word 2007 to go from
the
document into the "Styles" window (once I've opened that) to apply styles
unformatted text, and then back to the document again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

In Word 2007, Ctrl+Shift+S opens the Apply Styles task pane or moves the
focus to it. In the Apply Styles task pane, you can start typing the name of
a style, and, by default, the name will be completed automatically. Then you
can press Enter to apply the style and automatically return to your document.
In this way, you can apply styles without moving your hands away from the
keyboard.

See my Web page at http://www.makeofficework.com/applying_styles.htm for
more details about applying styles in Word 2007.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"JudyJudyJudy" wrote:

I've just been upgraded to Word 2007. In Word 2003 I used keystroke shortcuts
as much as possible. Is there a "keystroke" way in Word 2007 to go from the
document into the "Styles" window (once I've opened that) to apply styles to
unformatted text, and then back to the document again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good point. In many respects, the Apply Styles pane is quicker (or more
convenient) than the Styles pane.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP