Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wildetudor wildetudor is offline

Default List Paragraph style does not follow value of SpacingAfter paramet

I would like the first and last elements in my bulleted list - which is
formatted with the List Paragraph style - to be well spaced from the rest of
the text (what's above and below it, formatted with the Normal style).
However, setting values for the Spacing Before and Spacing After parameters
under List Paragraph|Modify Style|Format|Paragraph, only spaces the *first*
element of the list from the preceding paragraph, and leaves the last element
of the list unspaced from the following, Normal-styled paragraph.

It's only if I use direct formatting on the last paragraph of the list that
I get the desired result, i.e. if I select the last element of the list, go
to Paragraph Settings and set the value for Spacing After parameter.

Can anyone help with doing this by altering the List Paragraph style rather
than using direct formatting? THanks!

PS: using Word 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Turn off the "Don't add space between paragraphs of the same style" setting
for the List Paragraph style (in the Modify Style dialog box, click Format,
Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"wildetudor" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But that will give spacing within the list. He wants no spacing within
the list, but spacing after the list -- which should be achieved by a
Space After value in the list paragraph style, and Don't Add Space
Between Paragraphs of the Same Style checked.

On Mar 2, 6:27*am, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Good point. It seems as if I misunderstood the request. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"grammatim" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I can't duplicate your problem. Make sure the following paragraph is indeed
normal and not a list paragraph made to look like it and that a return (¶)
is used at the end of the last list item and not a line break.

PamC

wildetudor wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wildetudor wildetudor is offline

Default List Paragraph style does not follow value of SpacingAfter par

Everything is indeed as you said. Very strange. Here's a screenshot
exemplifying the situation: http://www.badongo.com/pic/5386247

By the way, I created a new document and reproduced the scenario (para,
bulleted list, another para) - everything is as it should be, problem's gone!
WHat could be wrong with the settings in my document?