Cannot delete a Section Break

Old March 14th 05, 11:47 PM
JMMerrick

Default Cannot delete a Section Break

In Word 2002 I have a Section Break (odd) that I wish to replace with a
Section Break (Next Page). I've tried inserting a Section Break (Next Page)
both before and after the Section Break (odd) and then highlighting and
deleting the Section Break (odd), but the Section Break (Next Page) is always
what dissappears. Is there a way to replace one section break type with
another without reformatting the section?
Old March 15th 05, 12:40 AM

Don't even try to "replace" a section break; just change it. On the Layout
tab of Page Setup, change the section start type. You must have in the
insertion point in the affected section (that is, after the section break).