Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter1968 Peter1968 is offline

Default Word 97 - whacky right click behaviour

I use Word 97 with the spell checker as you type option on. For some
ungodly reason, when I right click a misspelled word, the cursor jumps
to the scroll bar and changes to an up or down arrow. I normally have
to right click a whole bunch of times to get it to bring the spell
check context menu up.

Why is it jumping to the scroll bar? I have no idea how I would've
enabled such a "feature" and for the life of me I can't see how to
turn this "feature" off.

Googling hasn't given me any answers yet.

Love some help with this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Mar 29, 9:40 pm, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
It might be worth checking the configuration of your mouse driver software.

I suppose it's my own fault for not mentioning that I haven't touched
the mouse driver or the button config (it's a vanilla wheelmouse with
vanilla winxp drivers).

So, with that out of the way, what else do you think it may be?