CM

Default In a Word 97 document the radio buttons aren't staying selected.

Someone had created a form a couple of years ago for a different use. The
form was adapted recently and in doing so messed up the functionality.

I've fixed it so the radio buttons stay selected on one page but when a
person goes to the next page to select more radio buttons, the buttons from
the first page aren't staying selected.

Why is this happening?
Jay Freedman

CM wrote:
Someone had created a form a couple of years ago for a different use.
The form was adapted recently and in doing so messed up the
functionality.

I've fixed it so the radio buttons stay selected on one page but when
a person goes to the next page to select more radio buttons, the
buttons from the first page aren't staying selected.

Why is this happening?

In the property sheet for each radio button, there's a property named
GroupName. All of the radio buttons on one page should have the same value
in that property. All of the radio buttons on the next page should have a
different value, and so on.

Now you probably don't have any value in the GroupName property for any of
the radio buttons, so they behave as members of one big group.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

CM

Thank you for your quick reply. I took a look and there was a different group
name for each radio button. I changed to one group name for each button on
each page (with a different group name for different pages) but now all of
the buttons stay selected and don't deselect.

I am working in a table for each page. Within each table are several columns
and rows. In each cell are a set of 3 buttons so I have approx 4 sets of 3
buttons on each page.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated. I'm fairly new at creating
forms and I can't find anyone here at work who can help. Thank you again!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

CM wrote:
[...]

Jay Freedman

The symptoms you describe don't seem to correspond to the setup, so I'm a
bit confused by this. Anyway...

What you want is a different GroupName value for each "set of 3 buttons" in
a cell. The result of this should be that at any give time, exactly one
button in each cell can be selected. Changing the selection in one cell will
deselect the one that was previously selected, but won't have any effect on
any other cell. Think of the GroupName as an imaginary box containing all
the buttons that behave as a single group, and excluding all other buttons.

One other thing: I assume you're using radio buttons from the Control
Toolbox. If so, you have to click the Design Mode button on the Toolbox to
turn it off; only then will the buttons become "active".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman