Dugie

Default One of my fonts has disappeared in Word

Arial is no longer in my list of fonts. How can I get it back?
garfield-n-odie

Do you see an ARIAL.TTF file in your C:\Windows\Fonts folder? If so,
then maybe you have too many fonts installed. If not, then reinstall it
from your Office or Windows CD, or copy the file from another computer
and put it in your Fonts folder.

Dugie wrote:

Arial is no longer in my list of fonts. How can I get it back?

Dugie

I found ARIAL.TTF files in C:\Windows\System and C:\Documents and
Settings\...\Recent as well as in C:\Windows\fonts. I have not added to or
modified any of these files and Arial used to be present. Any suggestions?

Dugie wrote:

Arial is no longer in my list of fonts. How can I get it back?

garfield-n-odie

Does the arial.ttf file in the Fonts folder have a newer date than the
one in the System folder? Its presence on the Recent list suggests that
somebody tried to open the arial.ttf file, and maybe corrupted it in the
process. Assuming the arial.ttf in the System folder is older than the
one in the Fonts folder, I would delete the arial.ttf file from the
Fonts folder, reboot, and reinstall the font from the System folder.

Dugie wrote:

Arial is no longer in my list of fonts. How can I get it back?

Dugie

Thank You! I copied ARIAL.TTF from Windows\system to windows\fonts and the
problem was resolved. I appreciate your help. It's great to have someone who
knows more than I do, lend a hand.

"Dugie" wrote:

Arial is no longer in my list of fonts. How can I get it back?

How can I divide a page into three sections? Bonnie Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 23 02:47 AM
How do i reinstall fonts in word? sean_andre Microsoft Word Help 2 January 5th 05 11:59 PM
Continuous breaks convert to next page breaks Jennifer Hunt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 30th 04 06:45 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
saving the workspace Mike Microsoft Word Help 3 December 9th 04 12:32 AM