OnTrack16

Default Get text (not the link !) from webpage and paste into word documen

I want to make a document with hardware recommendations for a software program.

The software and hardware changes quite frequently these days.
Rather than having to change the document every time when the
recommendations need to change, I would get the document fetch the data from
the website of the software supplier.

This is what I would like :
- I open the document
- Word, goes automatically to the webpage I specified and gets the text
- That text is pasted inside my Word document
- I print, fax or e-mail the document

The text to fetch from the website can either be a HTML or PDF file.
I tried with insert, objects but there is no HTML object. I tried with
Hyperlink but then I only get a link in the document.

My Office version is 2000 but if necessary I can upgrade to a recent version
(XP or 2003)
Beth Melton

What you want to do can be accomplished using XML.

You may want to consider upgrading to Office 2003 since it supports
XML. Although the supplier would have to store their data in XML as
well, but they may already be doing this so I'd check with them first.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/