Mary52404

Default selecting multiple lines of text

When dragging the mouse to select multiple lines of text the page scrolls way
too fast and I have trouble stopping at the spot where I need to end the
selection. Is there a setting to slow the scroll speed down in Word or the
O/S? I also find this annoying in other applications so I suspect it is an
O/S setting.

Bay Area DebG

You don't need to scroll in order to select multiple lines of text.
Highlight (single-click) the first line of text from the left margin. Use
the scroll bar to move to where you want to end your shading, hold down the
Shift key, and then single-click on the last line of text.
--
Let me know if this helps!
Bay Area DebG

"Mary52404" wrote:

When dragging the mouse to select multiple lines of text the page scrolls way
too fast and I have trouble stopping at the spot where I need to end the
selection. Is there a setting to slow the scroll speed down in Word or the
O/S? I also find this annoying in other applications so I suspect it is an
O/S setting.

Mary52404

Thanks for the reply but I was hoping to see if there was a setting to
control the scroll speed. I normally use the shift key trick myself but I
have many individuals that I support that "for some reason" can't remember
which key to hold down.

"Mary52404" wrote:

When dragging the mouse to select multiple lines of text the page scrolls way
too fast and I have trouble stopping at the spot where I need to end the
selection. Is there a setting to slow the scroll speed down in Word or the
O/S? I also find this annoying in other applications so I suspect it is an
O/S setting.

Stefan Blom

Have you tried to adjust the settings for your mouse in Control Panel?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"Mary52404" wrote:

When dragging the mouse to select multiple lines of text the

page scrolls way
too fast and I have trouble stopping at the spot where I need to

end the
selection. Is there a setting to slow the scroll speed down in

Word or the
O/S? I also find this annoying in other applications so I

suspect it is an
O/S setting.

PopS

I believe there is an OS setting, or maybe a Registry
tweak. Word isn't an OS; it's an app(lication) that
runs on an Operating System.
Try one of the groups for your OS and version.

HTH

Pop

"Mary52404" wrote
in message
news
When dragging the mouse to select multiple lines of
text the page scrolls way
too fast and I have trouble stopping at the spot
where I need to end the
selection. Is there a setting to slow the scroll
speed down in Word or the
O/S? I also find this annoying in other applications
so I suspect it is an
O/S setting.

FWIW, this problem is fixed in Word 2002 and 2003.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Have you tried to adjust the settings for your mouse in Control Panel?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news

"Mary52404" wrote:

When dragging the mouse to select multiple lines of text the

page scrolls way
too fast and I have trouble stopping at the spot where I need to

end the
selection. Is there a setting to slow the scroll speed down in

Word or the
O/S? I also find this annoying in other applications so I

suspect it is an
O/S setting.

deleting lines around text box in Word 2003 Sparkie552 Page Layout 1 August 10th 05 03:55 PM
Typing Text on Lines Carol Tables 1 August 5th 05 12:51 AM
How can I stop Word "selecting" text Steve Hayes New Users 3 July 31st 05 06:38 AM
Will auto text work on multiple enteries of a word in Word 2003 Buck Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 02:29 PM
Selecting Non-consecutive Text Lauren Microsoft Word Help 2 November 28th 04 03:03 PM