Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Redwine Redwine is offline

Default Mail merge problem

On the list of names and addresses I have created and stored all of the data
appears correctly on the screen. However when printed some header titles
appear along with a watermark design and a footer design. This ruins several
of the mail labels on the page. How do I eliminate this unwanted material
while keeping the material I want
--
Thanks,
Redwine
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

However when printed some header titles
appear along with a watermark design and a footer design.

Can you describe what "some" means? I mean, does this appear on some pages,
every other page, part of some pages or what?

If you are seeing a watermark in the main body of a document, the chances
are that that watermark has been inserted (at some time) into one of your
headers/footers and saved, either accidentally or deliberately, into a
template (Normal, or a template you're using for your mail merge main
document). Have a look around! Just bear in mind that Word has around 6
different header/footer areas for 1st page in a section, subsequent pages,
odd/even pages and so on.

Peter Jamieson
"Redwine" wrote in message
On the list of names and addresses I have created and stored all of the
data
appears correctly on the screen. However when printed some header titles
appear along with a watermark design and a footer design. This ruins
several
of the mail labels on the page. How do I eliminate this unwanted material
while keeping the material I want
--
Thanks,
Redwine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Redwine Redwine is offline

Thanks Peter,
This is a short mailing list only 1 page. The material that is part of the
header has some of the titles used in making template such as last name,
first name, position, company, etc which I saw in making my list for the
template. The other part has a dotted line extending down about an inch from
the top of the page to a shaded line running across the top of the page,
further down in the middle of the page on the left hand side is a stylized
globe, and at the bottom is a shaded line running half way across the bottom
of the page with a dotted line running the remainder of the way across.
I know where the the titles came from but not how they got there. The other
I haven't a clue.
--
Thanks,
Redwine

"Redwine" wrote in message
On the list of names and addresses I have created and stored all of the
data
appears correctly on the screen. However when printed some header titles
appear along with a watermark design and a footer design. This ruins
several
of the mail labels on the page. How do I eliminate this unwanted material
while keeping the material I want
--
Thanks,
Redwine

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sounds like you might have headers and footers set up in your normal.dot
template. Try renaming it to Normal.old and then restart Word and try the
merge again.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.