Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

Default text_to_speech W2007

I found a MS site for adding voices (besides MS Sam) for text-to-speech and
downloaded "SpSTTIntXP.exe". It downloaded and unzipped ok but did not add
the voices. What do I need to read or do next? Using Windows XP Prof and
Word
2007.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 05:50:01 -0800, dp
wrote:

I found a MS site for adding voices (besides MS Sam) for text-to-speech and
downloaded "SpSTTIntXP.exe". It downloaded and unzipped ok but did not add
the voices. What do I need to read or do next? Using Windows XP Prof and
Word
2007.

TIA

Since you didn't say where you got the file, and neither Google nor
Bing admits that it exists anywhere on the Web, it's unlikely that
anyone knows what's wrong with your setup.

Instead, read http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

This is site I used - thanks for your time.

p.s. I need to have my IT check why i can't access gmayer's sites - this
happened to me before,

wrote:

I found a MS site for adding voices (besides MS Sam) for text-to-speech and
downloaded "SpSTTIntXP.exe". It downloaded and unzipped ok but did not add
the voices. What do I need to read or do next? Using Windows XP Prof and
Word
2007.

TIA

Since you didn't say where you got the file, and neither Google nor
Bing admits that it exists anywhere on the Web, it's unlikely that
anyone knows what's wrong with your setup.

Instead, read http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, if you're typing the URL as "gmayer," then that could be part of the
problem, as it's www.gmayor.com.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

I found a MS site for adding voices (besides MS Sam) for text-to-speech
and
downloaded "SpSTTIntXP.exe". It downloaded and unzipped ok but did not
add
the voices. What do I need to read or do next? Using Windows XP Prof
and
Word
2007.

TIA

Since you didn't say where you got the file, and neither Google nor
Bing admits that it exists anywhere on the Web, it's unlikely that
anyone knows what's wrong with your setup.

Instead, read http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

Thanks Suzanne - sorry for the typo. I clicked on the link Jay sent and I
got the msg Blocked by SonicWall "Forbidden Category - Society and Lifestyle"

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm used to experiencing that with my free home.earthlink.net sites, and
Microsoft is running into it with their new forums that have "social" in the
name, but I can't imagine why Graham's site would be blocked on the basis of
URL alone. To the extent that the site does have personal content, perhaps
SonicWall is looking just at his home page and not the Word pages? Is
SonicWall a firewall you control and can override?

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

I found a MS site for adding voices (besides MS Sam) for
text-to-speech
and
downloaded "SpSTTIntXP.exe". It downloaded and unzipped ok but did
not
add
the voices. What do I need to read or do next? Using Windows XP
Prof
and
Word
2007.

TIA

Since you didn't say where you got the file, and neither Google nor
Bing admits that it exists anywhere on the Web, it's unlikely that
anyone knows what's wrong with your setup.

Instead, read http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup
so all may benefit.
.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

OK, I see what you got. It isn't just a plug-in to add voices. First
you have to use Visual Studio to write an application that uses
voices, in a programming language such as C#, with the other parts of
the Speech Software Development Kit (that's what SDK means). Word is
not such an application.

Also, the reason I couldn't locate the file you mentioned is that you
got the name wrong. The character between the 'p' and the 'T' is the
digit 5, not the letter S. You may find this thread useful:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...r=us&sloc=&p=1

--
Jay

wrote:

I found a MS site for adding voices (besides MS Sam) for text-to-speech and
downloaded "SpSTTIntXP.exe". It downloaded and unzipped ok but did not add
the voices. What do I need to read or do next? Using Windows XP Prof and
Word
2007.

TIA

Since you didn't say where you got the file, and neither Google nor
Bing admits that it exists anywhere on the Web, it's unlikely that
anyone knows what's wrong with your setup.

Instead, read http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

SonicWall is a business firewall solution. If it is not capable of being
configured to allow sites like mine to be accessed, then you paid too much
for it. It will be more of a hindrance to your business than a help. Apart
from a few photographs, there is nothing of a 'lifestyle' nature on my site.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

I thank you all for your time. Suzanne and Graham: I have to contact an IT
guru. This happened to me before with Graham then all of a sudden it was OK.
I even have some of Graham's saved in my 'favorites' that I can't open now
for the same odd reason.

Jay thanks for the additional information. I obviously didnt know what I
was getting into. I'll keep on learning a day at a time.

wrote:

I found a MS site for adding voices (besides MS Sam) for text-to-speech and
downloaded "SpSTTIntXP.exe". It downloaded and unzipped ok but did not add
the voices. What do I need to read or do next? Using Windows XP Prof and
Word
2007.

TIA

Since you didn't say where you got the file, and neither Google nor
Bing admits that it exists anywhere on the Web, it's unlikely that
anyone knows what's wrong with your setup.

Instead, read http://www.gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

Graham:
IT dept was able to modify SonicWall and I can now access your site again.
Whew!