Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joseph C. Talbott Joseph C. Talbott is offline

Default Creating an Index across multiple documents

I am building an index for a document that has multiple volumes. Each volume
is on the order of 1000 pages in length. Is there a way to create one index
that will generate across all volumes like building a TOC using RD fields?

I am using MS Word 2003 running in an XP Pro environment.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Hello Joseph

Joseph C. Talbott wrote:
I am building an index for a document that has multiple volumes. Each volume
is on the order of 1000 pages in length. Is there a way to create one index
that will generate across all volumes like building a TOC using RD fields?

I am using MS Word 2003 running in an XP Pro environment.

works in the same way as a TOC spanning several documents (i.e., the
central document has to contain RD fields to each of the "smaller"
documents, then an INDEX field in the central document compiles the
index from entries (I guess: also) from the referenced documents.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joseph C. Talbott[_2_] Joseph C. Talbott[_2_] is offline

Thanks Robert. I will give it a try. It will be my first real project using
RD fields and I am interested in seeing how it works.

Joe

"Robert M. Franz [RMF]" wrote:

Hello Joseph

.