#1   Report Post  

Default 2 Qs Word2007: Styles, AutoCorrect

Q1: How do I delete styles that I've made?

I don't mean delete from a document: I mean delete from the system. E.g. when I open a new document, and expand the Styles drop down list (click in lower right-hand corner of Styles group), old unwanted styles appear on the list. I delete them (I've tried deleting them directly from the list and from the Manage Styles window), but that only deletes them from that document: I open a new document and there they are again. I don't want to hide them, I want to delete them.

Q2: Is there a way to work directly with the dictionary and AutoCorrect
files?

How do they work anyway? Are they associated with a language? I rely heavily on auto-correct for my job, and awhile back all the auto-corrections I'd programmed over the last year disappeared. Luckily I keep a running list of my shorthands, so I was able to put those back in, but I'm still putting back in the corrections of my typos and misspellings. Why did this happen? Does it
have to do with the languages: English (Canada) vs. English (United States)?