Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
divya divya is offline

Default capture data from a form and have it in the header of all the pages

I have a document with a form in it with three fields,suppose
NAME,AGE,DESIGNATION.
Now when user fills these 3 cellls and writes about himself below the
form,now if he needs to go to the second page the second page should
open with
an header which consists of
1.Page number
2.Name
3.Designation
filled by him in the first page
In short I want to capture the data from the form and use that in my
header part of all the subsequent pages getting added.Can anybody
suggest a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
divya divya is offline

Hii,
Can I use Ref fields in MS word XP 2002.
I tried but I donno y its not copying the values into places I used
REF. I have ticked the calculate on exit. I will tell u the steps I
used to make use of ref

1.customer:-(then I inserted textfield)
2.double click on the field and set bookmark to Custname
3.Now I cheked the CALCULATE ON EXIT .
4 .now at other part of the document I typed "REF CustName" selected it
and the Ctrl F9
on doing this I got a textfield with {"REF CustName"} inside it.
5.Now I protected the form.
6.now I filled some characters into the CustNAme then clicked tab
7.It is not copying the data to the "REF Custname"

Plz help.
Cheerz
Divya

divya wrote:
I have a document with a form in it with three fields,suppose
NAME,AGE,DESIGNATION.
Now when user fills these 3 cellls and writes about himself below the
form,now if he needs to go to the second page the second page should
open with
an header which consists of
1.Page number
2.Name
3.Designation
filled by him in the first page
In short I want to capture the data from the form and use that in my
header part of all the subsequent pages getting added.Can anybody
suggest a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
divya divya is offline

Thank you Graham for the excellent link u sent me my problem is solved
..Thank u veryyy much.Ure doing a great job.
Cheerz
Divya

divya wrote:
I have a document with a form in it with three fields,suppose
NAME,AGE,DESIGNATION.
Now when user fills these 3 cellls and writes about himself below the
form,now if he needs to go to the second page the second page should
open with
an header which consists of
1.Page number
2.Name
3.Designation
filled by him in the first page
In short I want to capture the data from the form and use that in my
header part of all the subsequent pages getting added.Can anybody
suggest a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What you have done is OK as far as it goes, but as the REF fields are in the
page header they will not update unless you force the update with a macro
run on exit from the field - use the code at

If the REF fields are in the body of the document they will update if
calculate on exit is checked.

divya wrote:
I have a document with a form in it with three fields,suppose
NAME,AGE,DESIGNATION.
Now when user fills these 3 cellls and writes about himself below
the form,now if he needs to go to the second page the second page
should open with
an header which consists of
1.Page number
2.Name
3.Designation
filled by him in the first page
In short I want to capture the data from the form and use that in my
header part of all the subsequent pages getting added.Can anybody
suggest a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
divya divya is offline

Hiiii
Hey thnks for the macro code u sent ,I faced the problem as u
stated and got the macro code from the link u sent me yesterday ,really
thnks for that.Now its copying to the header the updated values but I
want the font size to be changed from 16 to 11 when its copied in
header, it takes the same font size of the text field and copies as it
is .
I tried to change the fontsize in the header but it doesn't seem
to work ,it displays few charcters with font 11 and then rest in font
16. what r the steps to achieve this ???

Thanks
Divya

divya wrote:
I have a document with a form in it with three fields,suppose
NAME,AGE,DESIGNATION.
Now when user fills these 3 cellls and writes about himself below
the form,now if he needs to go to the second page the second page
should open with
an header which consists of
1.Page number
2.Name
3.Designation
filled by him in the first page
In short I want to capture the data from the form and use that in my
header part of all the subsequent pages getting added.Can anybody
suggest a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Now you need to add a \*charformat switch to the REF field ( {REF
Bookmarkname \*charformat} and format the field as you want it to appear.
See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm