JD

Default The Format Styles Panel

When I use this panel I have an option to show "Styles in Use." However, my
mother, does not have that option. She can only get "Available Styles" or
"All Styles." Is it possible that this is a later version of Word (mine is
2003) and, thus, not an option, or that something can be checked or
unchecked in Options? She'd like the style showing in the drop-down style
box to say simply "Normal," rather than "Normal + 14," etc.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi J.D.,

Word adds a more complete description of the
style (i.e. the Style plus any formatting that
is applied on top of or in variation from the
style) when you have the 'Keep track of Formatting'
choice set in Tools=Options=Edit

The same setting will determine if you see
in the Styles and Formatting Taskpane a choice for
'Formatting in Use' (when it's turned on)
or one for 'Styles in use' (when the choice is unchecked)

======
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)