rosaspeaks

Default read-pane view

Reading pane just doesn't work for me. I prefer the Print Layout as you
suggest.

When you work with Word documents that include bulleted/numbered items,
tables or diagrams is just not useful.

Since Word starts in reading pane mode by default I just needed to
"deactivate" this option under the Tools-Options Menu.

Now I'm back to my beloved Word.

-Rosa
Baltimore, MD

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?YmM=?=,

During beta of Word 2003 this point was much discussed. Personally, I prefer to
have "read mode" work like a book, which means you'd always get the next 2
pages, and no page would repeat. Apparently, the majority of beta testers felt
this way, because in the end, that's how it works.

FWIW, the reading mode is NOT intended to be a mode where you type/edit. It's
meant purely for reading large amounts of text comfortably. It supports editing
mostly to allow corrections.

In your case, I suggest you use either Print Layout or possibly the Full Screen
view. In order to see multiple pages you can use View/Zoom, activate this option
and choose the number of pages you wish to display.

In word 2003, it has this great new feature to 'read' your essay. however,
when approaching the end of the 2nd page of writing (that is, the second page
in read mode) and begin typing on the 3rd, you will be presented with the
third page on the left and nothing on the right. Instead, it'd be pretty good
if the 2nd page was on the left and the new, 3rd, page on the right so that
you could read what you'd just typed.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org