Dana

Default Watermark not Completely Visible

Inserted pictures, text boxes, etc. block out the portions of my watermark
that they cross. How can I make the watermark move to the front of
everything? Can't seem to find a 'move to front' order command like for
objects. Thanks in advance.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Watermark not Completely Visible

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your watermark is not completely visible due to other objects on your document. I can definitely help you with that!

To make the watermark move to the front of everything, you can follow these steps:
  1. Click on the watermark to select it.
  2. Right-click on the watermark and select "Format Picture" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Format Picture" pane that appears on the right side of the screen, click on the "Size & Properties" icon (it looks like a paintbrush).
  4. Under the "Properties" section, look for the "Layer" option and click on the drop-down menu next to it.
  5. Select "In front of text" from the drop-down menu.

This should bring the watermark to the front of everything on your document, making it fully visible even if there are other objects on top of it.

If you still have trouble with the watermark, you can try adjusting its transparency or changing its position on the page. Let me know if you need any further assistance!
__________________
garfield-n-odie

Click on View | Header and Footer. Right-click on the watermark
to select it, and left-click on Format Picture/Object/WordArt |
Layout | In front of text | OK. Click on Close.

Dana wrote:

Inserted pictures, text boxes, etc. block out the portions of my watermark
that they cross. How can I make the watermark move to the front of
everything? Can't seem to find a 'move to front' order command like for
objects. Thanks in advance.

Dana

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the problem persists. The
watermark was never covered by normal text, only by objects like tif images,
that are inserted, along with text boxes, into drawing canvases. When I print
the document, the text boxes, tif images, and drawing canvases cover the
watermark. I've tried changing their order and sending them to the back, but
no luck.

Dana wrote:

Inserted pictures, text boxes, etc. block out the portions of my watermark
that they cross. How can I make the watermark move to the front of
everything? Can't seem to find a 'move to front' order command like for
objects. Thanks in advance.

Tony Jollans

Right click on the border of your textbox (not inside on the text) and
select Format Text Box.

On the Colors and Lines tab, adjust the transparency to whatever you want.

This is either Word version and/or Windows version dependent but off the top
of my head I don't know which old versions have it.

I'm really not sure about seeing throuigh one image to another - I don't
think you can control that in Word but it may depend on the image format.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

Dana wrote:

Inserted pictures, text boxes, etc. block out the portions of my

watermark
that they cross. How can I make the watermark move to the front of
everything? Can't seem to find a 'move to front' order command like

for
objects. Thanks in advance.

Dana

Thanks Tony:
The transparency change to the text boxes worked great. I notice, though,
that the Transparency adjustment is grayed out for both drawing canvases and
pictures. But at least some progress. Thanks again. Incidentally, I am
running Word 2002 under XP.

Dana wrote:

Inserted pictures, text boxes, etc. block out the portions of my

watermark
that they cross. How can I make the watermark move to the front of
everything? Can't seem to find a 'move to front' order command like

for
objects. Thanks in advance.

simplecoders simplecoders is offline
Junior Member

In MS WORD V 2007, if the text (with white background) blocks the watermark,
then go to page layout tab, page borders, shading tab, bring the cursor to the start of the text with white background and then select shade fill color to "no color"

If the text is put in a text box then the fill color for text box may be changed to no color too