Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lee Ann[_2_] Lee Ann[_2_] is offline

Default How can I set up a page with columns, then a centered line and mo

I need to set up a page with a centers heading on the top, then two short
columns, then a centers line and two more short columns under that. How can
I do this in Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:40:11 -0800, Lee Ann
wrote:

I need to set up a page with a centers heading on the top, then two short
columns, then a centers line and two more short columns under that. How can
I do this in Word 2007?

At each place where the number of columns changes (from one to two, or from two
to one), you need a continuous section break. If you type most or all the text
before you format the columns, and you select some text and change its number of
columns, Word will automatically insert those section breaks for you. Otherwise,
you can insert them yourself from the ribbon, at Page Layout Page Setup
Breaks.

Read the "Multicolumn sections in single-column documents" section in
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...panColumns.htm for more
details.

--
Regards,