Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Mullins Brian Mullins is offline

Default Word 2007does not shut down correctly, and cannot edit document

Word 2007 was working fine on my Vista x64 machine until it started locking
upon closing word. Then when I tried to edit the document word does not
react to my mouse clicks. Below is the error report from vista, any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Product
Microsoft Office Word

Problem
Stopped working

Date
7/20/2007 10:30 PM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: WINWORD.EXE
Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014
Application Timestamp: 45428028
Fault Module Name: mso.dll
Fault Module Version: 12.0.6017.5000
Fault Module Timestamp: 461db01f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00039239
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem
LCID: 1033
Brand: Office12Crash
skulcid: 1033
Bucket ID: 426382615

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Brian Mullins wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian Mullins Brian Mullins is offline

Default Word 2007does not shut down correctly, and cannot edit documen

Ok the solution the worked was to delete the data registry key for word.
Thanks for your help.