Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Whitebear Whitebear is offline

Default How can I delete read only files

I'm trying to reorganize files I've written to CD. How can I delete
read-only files?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You cannot treat a CD as a hard drive. The files are permanently written to
it. If it is a re-recordable disc you can copy the files to your hard drive,
delete the ones that you want to remove, erase the disc and re-write it with
the new content.

There is software around that enables a writeable CD to be used like a 'big
floppy', but such software is notoriously unreliable and best avoided. I
would also avoid re-writeable discs for important material that you may wish
to use again in the future. Ordinary writable CDs (and DVDs) cost only a few
cents. There is no real need to use re-writables in place of the more
reliable writables other than for testing.

Whitebear wrote:
I'm trying to reorganize files I've written to CD. How can I delete
read-only files?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Whitebear Whitebear is offline

Thank you, Graham. Like a complete dope I forgot I could simply erase the
entire CD and re-write on it. Oh, well, CD's are cheap.