Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Evin Evin is offline

Default Author limit in bibliography

I'm using bibliography in Word2007. One of the citations I use has 18
authors; however I cannot add more than 14 authors.

Does anybody else have similar problem? And does anybody know a solution?

Thanks a lot;
--
EG
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 19 nov, 18:06, Evin wrote:
I'm using bibliography in Word2007. One of the citations I use has 18
authors; however I cannot add more than 14 authors.

Does anybody else have similar problem? And does anybody know a solution?

Thanks a lot;
--
EG

Instead of entering your name list directly into the author field, try
using the "Edit" button right next to it. There you can add a lot more
authors normally. Once you are finished, click Ok and hopefully all
the authors should be listed in the author field.

In the case that someone from the Word developers ever reads this (I
know this is wishful thinking): this is a bug in Word 2007. The schema
for bibliographies defines that each field in a bibliography should
consist out of no more than 255 characters. It seems the "Insert
citation" form is checking if your string is not yet 255 characters
long before accepting a new character. Although this is correct
behaviour for fields such as title and publisher, it is not for the
author field. After all, the author field is nothing more than a
representation of the combination of authors; each with their own
name, first name and middle name. Each of these name parts of each of
these authors should be no longer than 255 characters. However, their
combined length is allowed to be infinite by definition.

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Evin Evin is offline

Thanks for the reply.

--
EG

"p0" wrote:

On 19 nov, 18:06, Evin wrote:
[...]

Track changes color by author (first author is not showing up in r trg01 Microsoft Word Help 4 September 27th 07 10:01 PM
author name vikas New Users 1 February 13th 07 03:34 PM
Author of document rcir88 Microsoft Word Help 1 June 2nd 06 11:01 PM
Track changes -- "Author" as author Bruce Rusk Microsoft Word Help 3 August 27th 05 03:10 AM