Default Alternate Blank Pages

Hi,

I am writing a training course manual in Word. I want each alternate
page to be blank for students to write their own notes in, but to have
the words "Notes" at the top and the page numbering to be consistent.
I will be printing this document double-sided.

Anyone got any ideas on how to achieve this?

I have nearly managed it, by inserting into the header a white-filled
rectangle that covers the whole page and setting the wrapping to "top
and bottom". However, although the rectangle actually covers the whole
page it nonetheless always produces one line of text on the page.

I'm using Word 2000.

Any help gratefully appreciated.

Alfie

Two other approaches:

1. Use two documents, one with odd page numbers for the recto pages and
another with even page numbers for the verso pages.* Print the first, then
print the second on the back.

2. Use a single document, with odd page numbers, and print single-sided,
leaving the backs of the pages blank.

Neither of these will be satisfactory if you need a TOC, since it will pick
up the actual and not the calculated page numbers.

*For even page numbers, use the field { = { PAGE } * 2 }. For odd page
numbers, use { = { PAGE } * 2 - 1 }

oups.com...