Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
timfitz timfitz is offline

Default Keep formating when mail merging from excel to word address labe

Trying to mail merge. Excel spread sheet with some conditional formating in
certain fields. When merged the text format is lost. I found out how to set
the field format for every name merge. But it does not come across as it
looks in excel.(red or green or bold).

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You may be able to do it by using and If...then...Else field construction in
Word to apply the condition with the \* charformat switch appplied to the
{ Mergefield } in the results, applying the required font formatting to the
M of mergefield in each case.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"timfitz" wrote in message
Trying to mail merge. Excel spread sheet with some conditional formating
in
certain fields. When merged the text format is lost. I found out how to
set
the field format for every name merge. But it does not come across as it
looks in excel.(red or green or bold).

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It may be worth trying the following if your Excel sheet has fewer than
(arond) 64 columns:
a. select your Excel sheet
b. copy/paste into a Word document so that formatting is retained
c. use the Word document as the data source
d. for fields where you wish to retain formatting, instead of { MERGEFIELD
X } use { REF X } or just { X }.

Some formatting comes through when you do that but I haven't tested the
specifics in this case.

Peter Jamieson