Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James James is offline

Default Citation Language

When I insert a citation, Word uses a language different from that which the
paper is being written in.-- it uses the word "ja" (Finnish for and) instead
of using thw word and. My regional setting are setup for English, as is the
language of the document. What is Word using to determne the language it
should use for this citation?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi James,

If you select the citation field (use AltF9 to display it) is there a language code other than \L 1033 (U.S. English) or \L 0257
(U.K. English)? If so then in References=Manage Sources if you select that Citation and then choose 'Edit' what language is shown
for it in the upper right hand corner of the dialog ?

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
James James is offline

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. Even though I had switch the language to English, it
was still showing the Finnish version. I updated the field, not effect.

When I closed word and reopened it and fixed the problem.