Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea Andrea is offline

Default Cross referencing to non Heading Styles

I am using Word 2003.

I have a long legal document which uses standard Heading 1 - Heading 8
styles throughout. I then have Annexure pages at the end, which are Annexure
A, Annexure B etc. These headings are formatted in a style called Annexure.

I now want to cross reference to the Annexure headings. The way I am doing
it is to insert a SEQ field for the A, B, C, etc and then bookmark the
headings.

Seems a little fiddly, is there a better way? I'm not "allowed" to modify
any of the Heading 1-9 styles as a matter of company policy.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

If your Annexure style has an Outline Numbered attribute applied, suitably
formatted to your needs, then you wont need a SEQ field and they would also
appear in the Numbered Item listing in the Cross-reference dialog so you wont
need to create a Bookmark to reference to.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Andrea" wrote:

I am using Word 2003.

I have a long legal document which uses standard Heading 1 - Heading 8
styles throughout. I then have Annexure pages at the end, which are Annexure
A, Annexure B etc. These headings are formatted in a style called Annexure.

I now want to cross reference to the Annexure headings. The way I am doing
it is to insert a SEQ field for the A, B, C, etc and then bookmark the
headings.

Seems a little fiddly, is there a better way? I'm not "allowed" to modify
any of the Heading 1-9 styles as a matter of company policy.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See also http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...ppendixes.html.