Harlan

Default How can I add to the status bar?

Experts,

When looking at the status bar at the bottom of my Word program, there
are these faded white boxes with information in them. Some have
Page/Sec, Ln/Col, Rec/trk/ext, etc. Optionally you can also have a
"book" for spelling/grammer or a WPH for word perfect help.

And I notice there is at least one empty box.

So, I ask, is there a way to insert a field like paper size, since my
practice involves A4 and LTR (or LGL) sized documents I would like to
have a visual indicator that tells me what paper size I am working with
(other than looking at the top/side rulers).

Thanks for the advice,

Jim.

It is not currently possible to customize the status bar (except to get
messages to display there, but that's another matter). This feature has been
suggested to MS before. Perhaps you'd like to post it as a Suggestion to
Microsoft?

oups.com...