Caroline

Default autocorrect

Hi ...

I have a spradsheet of acronyms with their full species (flora) names that I
would like to (somehow) enter into the autocorrect database in Word (2002)...
So for e.g. if I type 'euccre' it autocorrects to Narrow-leaved ironbark
(Eucalyptus crebra) (with species name in italics if possible but I know
that's asking a bit much!!). I had a smaller version of this on my old
computer (WIN98) but have not been successful in my attempts to transfer it
to this Office XP computer, and in any case it needs updating. I really do
not want to go through and individually enter each of the 2500 species in the
excel spreadsheet!

Hope someone can help!

Caroline ;-)

Caroline

Thanks Suzanne I will give that a shot, hopefully it will work better than
the microsoft one.

I was also hoping I could add new autocorrect entries in bulk - I have an
extra 2000 or so to add and dont have the time to do each inidividually.

Some sort of function that allows multiple entries from a table with one
click or merging from an external database would be fantastic - but I guess
thats asking a bit much!

thanks again,
Caroline

"Caroline" wrote in message
Hi ...

I have a spradsheet of acronyms with their full species (flora) names that

would like to (somehow) enter into the autocorrect database in Word

(2002)...
So for e.g. if I type 'euccre' it autocorrects to Narrow-leaved ironbark
(Eucalyptus crebra) (with species name in italics if possible but I know
that's asking a bit much!!). I had a smaller version of this on my old
computer (WIN98) but have not been successful in my attempts to transfer

it
to this Office XP computer, and in any case it needs updating. I really

do
not want to go through and individually enter each of the 2500 species in

the
excel spreadsheet!

Hope someone can help!

Caroline ;-)

I'm a bit vague on this since I've never used it, but I rather think the
file the macro creates is a table, so you ought to be able to merge your
table with it and then sort.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The macro associated with
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm creates a

text
file into which I believe you can import your corrections.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.