amie

Default multiple page merge doc with multi sections, need to staple

i have been using the formula to be able to staple multi pages of a merged doc
Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With
this would work if my multi doc didn't already have multi sections which
seems to be difficult to reformat
is there anyway to in vb merge to doc using some insertbreak? please help
Doug Robbins

If your document contains 2 sections, use
Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count Step 2
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i + 1
Next i
End With

If it contains n sections, replace 2 with n and 1 with n - 1

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"amie" wrote in message
i have been using the formula to be able to staple multi pages of a merged
doc
Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With
this would work if my multi doc didn't already have multi sections which
seems to be difficult to reformat
is there anyway to in vb merge to doc using some insertbreak? please help

amie

IT GETS BETTER!
i just found out that this document("DOCUMENT2") which needs to be stapled
and duplexed needs to have a page from another merge document("DOCUMENT1"),
printed before each stapled portion. is that possible to reference to print
1ST RECORD OF merged DOCUMENT1 within a macro within DOCUMENT2? OR SHOULD I
COPY AND PASTE DOCUMENT1 INTO DOCUMENT2 AND MERGE TOGETHER(THE DATABASE IS
THE SAME FOR BOTH), BUT I WOULDN'T SEE HOW YOU COULD TELL THE PRINTER TO NOT
STAPLE AND DUPLEX THAT FIRST PAGE APART FROM THE OTHER PAGES. IF THERE ISN'T
A WAY TO DO THIS, HOW ABOUT PREPRINTING DOCUMENT1 AND ASKING THE PRINTER TO
PRINT A SEPERATOR SHEET(WHICH IS USUALLY A BLANK SHEET THAT PRINTS BETWEEN
SPOOLS). OF COURSE I RUN INTO THE PROBLEM OF GETTING THEM OUT OF ORDER IF THE
PRINTER JAMS. WHICH DO YOU THINK WILL WORK. I PREFER TO LEAVE DOCS AS IS
WITHOUT COPYING AND PASTING, BUT WILL DO WHICHEVER YOU THINK WILL WORK BEST.

"amie" wrote in message
i have been using the formula to be able to staple multi pages of a merged
doc
Dim i As Long
With ActiveDocument
For i = 1 To .Sections.Count
.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i
End With
this would work if my multi doc didn't already have multi sections which
seems to be difficult to reformat
is there anyway to in vb merge to doc using some insertbreak? please help

Doug Robbins

If, as it seems from your later post, you want document 2 stapled by itself
with the relevant document 1 interleafed between each stapled document 2,
unless you have a really fancy printer, I think you will have to do the
collating manually.