Brian

Default TextBox items don't always appear in Word 2002

I'm running Word 2002 on Windows XP on my laptop. I don't have this problem
using the exact same software on my PC, just my laptop...

When I insert lines or other test boxes inside a text box those items don't
always appear. If I select the text box sometimes it is just solid black.
Even previewing the document doesn't usually help. Some times if I move to
the next page and come back part of the text box contents will be there, but
then they usually disappear.

Is there any reason this might happen? I have Acrobat installed, but not
much else.

Brian

I posted my question again because I couldn't relocate that first post. I
thought it never posted and I never got any emails saying it had been
answered.

So I still can't find it. Can you send me a link to it?

Thanks.
garfield-n-odie

You are posting from Microsoft's web interface, so if you click
on Help, you will find instructions for two ways to find posts.
Quoting from the help system:

Search for a specific post
--------------------------
You can search a discussion group or multiple discussion groups
for specific posts using one or more keywords including names of
people. Search looks for these keywords in the By field (contains
the name of the author or their e-mail address), the Subject
field, and the message body of the post. Posts that match your
criteria are displayed in the Search Results window, within the
discussion threads that they are part of.

To begin your search, do the following:

Type your keywords in the Search For box.
Select the discussion group(s) you want to search in the In list.
To search across multiple discussion groups, select a discussion
group category, such as Excel.
By default, the current discussion group is displayed in the In
list.
Click Go.
Tips

To open the discussion group that a message was posted to, select
the message, and then click the name of the discussion group
displayed in the In field in the message pane.
To return to the discussions you were viewing before you began
your search, click Back (at the top of the Web-based newsreader)
or click the Back button in your Web browser.
Back to top

Search for messages posted in a discussion group by a specific author
--------------------------
In the thread pane, select a message that the author has posted.
In the message pane click the author's name.
In the User Profile window for this author, click Recent Posts by
this user.
Tip To return to the discussions you were viewing before you
began your search, click Back (at the top of the Web-based
newsreader) or click the Back button in your Web browser.

Note When you search for messages posted by a specific author,
up to 100 messages posted by the author in the Community are
returned in the Search Results window.