SDM

Default Is there an Add-In for VSS 6 that will allow differencing of Word.

Among quite a variety of things we keep in Visual SourceSafe are MS Word
documents. Within VSS, one can determine that two versions of a document
differ, but unfortunately no details are available. I ran across hints in
Google Groups that there might have once been an Add-in for Word97, but have
not been able to locate where that has vanished to...
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U0RN?=,

Word, itself, has a feature that will compare two documents (Tools/Merge
document). Other than that, I believe there is third-party software that can do
comparisons (outside of Word), but I don't recall the names of the software. If
that interests you, you might try asking in a group with less traffic, such as
word.formatting.longdocs or, perhaps, word.newusers

Among quite a variety of things we keep in Visual SourceSafe are MS Word
documents. Within VSS, one can determine that two versions of a document
differ, but unfortunately no details are available. I ran across hints in
Google Groups that there might have once been an Add-in for Word97, but have
not been able to locate where that has vanished to...

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)