Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
QFD QFD is offline

Default Status Bar need help

In Word 2003, at the bottom of the screen was a status bar that showed the
position of the cursor, line, row, column. After upgrading to Word 2007 I
cannot seem to find this.

In the view tab there is a selection "Message bar" but I can't use it, it
won't allow me to check the box next to it. Seems to be dimmer than the other
choices.

What can I do to get this much needed tool back?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
QFD QFD is offline

Through horseing around I found the answer. Please keep this question here
though, in case anyone else needs the answer.

I went to the left hand, bottom corner of the screen, and right clicked the
area where it says page count. A new menu opened and I was able to check off
the three commands for cursor position.

Although I love the new look and interface with 2007, it is going to take
some getting used to

"QFD" wrote:

In Word 2003, at the bottom of the screen was a status bar that showed the
position of the cursor, line, row, column. After upgrading to Word 2007 I
cannot seem to find this.

In the view tab there is a selection "Message bar" but I can't use it, it
won't allow me to check the box next to it. Seems to be dimmer than the other
choices.

What can I do to get this much needed tool back?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi QFD,

FWIW, you can right click at almost any spot on the Word 2007 status bar to choose which of the 20 available status items you would
like to show/hide on the status bar.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP