Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
spin spin is offline

Default Can I save a selection (a table) as a new custom style?

Can I save the way I format a table in a document as a custom style? I
format a beautiful table in my document, and want to apply the same "look" to
all my tables. But I do not see how to save my new style as a table style
based on the thing I have just created. Word wants me to start over from
scratch in the 'new style' menu box. Or it wants me to 'modify' some already
existing style.

I want to save my table style the same way I save a new paragraph stlye. I
want to SAVE SELECTION as a New quick Style or something like that.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

I'm not sure whether this is helpful or not, but in Word 2003, in the Styles
and Formatting task pane, you can click the arrow beside a style other than
the one applied to the current selection in the document and choose Update
to Match Selection. The selected style is then modified to match the
formatting of the selected paragraph. I don't know whether this works for
table styles or not, but it might be worth a try.

Alternatively, you can save the formatted table as an AutoText entry (in
Word 2007, this would be a Building Block/Quick Part.