m0onchild

Default Can I wrap text between cells?

I have created several fill-in-the-blanks forms for my office. Most of the
questions require short (one word) answers but others require several lines
of text.

The best way I knew to solve this problem is by creating a table with one
column and 3 or 4 rows. I placed a form field text box in each row and
limited the number of characters so the user is forced to tab to the next
blank line in order to continue.

Is there a way to automatically wrap the text between cells instead? I
tried using one column, one row tables but this is no good for those who
prefer filling out the forms by hand (as it only leaves one huge box and no
lines). Plus I need to keep the lines fixed at 3 or 4 rows; if they are any
longer than that the form flows onto a second sheet of paper.

I reviewed the FAQ's and did not see anything regarding this... any help is
appreciated! Thanks!

Elizabeth
Jean-Guy Marcil

m0onchild was telling us:
m0onchild nous racontait que :

I have created several fill-in-the-blanks forms for my office. Most
of the questions require short (one word) answers but others require
several lines of text.

The best way I knew to solve this problem is by creating a table with
one column and 3 or 4 rows. I placed a form field text box in each
row and limited the number of characters so the user is forced to tab
to the next blank line in order to continue.

Is there a way to automatically wrap the text between cells instead?
I tried using one column, one row tables but this is no good for
those who prefer filling out the forms by hand (as it only leaves one
huge box and no lines). Plus I need to keep the lines fixed at 3 or
4 rows; if they are any longer than that the form flows onto a second
sheet of paper.

If you need a from that serves a dual purpose (Writing on computer and by
hand) and that needs lines for those filling it out by hand, then your
solution seems to be one of the easiest way of doing it, even though those
filling it out on the computer will find it awkward.

If you use mono-spaced fonts (such as Courier) then it is easy to predict
the amount of space needed *and* tot ell those filling it out on the
computer what the character limit is.

With a mono-spaced font you can set the row height to a fixed height, put
lines in the background and use one formfield per cell with a character
limit that represents the space you provide. It might be a bit more user
friendly for those on the computer (no need to Tab to the next line), but a
bit more Work for you (To place those line exactly so that the text wraps,
the line is at the appropriate position in relation to the wrapped text in
the cell).

--
Salut!

Wrap text in a table row? Alesha Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 05 09:46 PM
How do you make text wrap in a paragraph? cat 345 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 04:22 PM
Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 5th 05 11:23 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Text space in table cells in Word 2003 (using Windows XP) Jaykay Tables 1 December 2nd 04 11:16 AM