Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Legalese Legalese is offline

Default Text is hidden as you type in a cell in a table

I have had a weird problem since Word 2007 was installed. No one else in my
office has this happen. As I type in a table, the whole cell goes
progressively darker (blue) so that I can no longer see what I have typed. I
have to double click my mouse to get rid of the dark blue background which
completely hides the text. But then, as soon as I type in the cell again, it
starts all over. It is frustrating like you wouldn't believe--I want to tear
my hair out! I use tables a lot (e.g., labels) and every time I type in one,
the same thing happens. It is not just for new tables created in Word 2007,
either. Tables created in Word 2003 and opened in Word 2007 do the same
thing. I have reviewed all the settings I can see and nothing seems to
address this problem. If anyone has had this problem and has a fix, please
help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Legalese Legalese is offline

I found the answer to this down in the thread called "Automatic coloring of
table cells", which I did not come across when I was trying to search out
this problem. It turned up after I posted my question. Tx.

Hidden text in a table getravel Tables 3 May 8th 23 08:48 PM
How--split text within cell of table when cell length goes 2d pg Jeanie Tables 1 April 24th 08 10:23 PM
How do I lock a cell in a table so no one can type in the cell? Jen0678 Tables 2 April 11th 07 10:50 PM
cell marker missing - can not type text into cell Mary Smith 360 Tables 1 December 20th 05 05:04 AM
How to wrap text from cell to cell in a table. Jon Coulson Tables 2 August 8th 05 09:12 PM